| InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors
Standards for Inspecting the Attic and Insulation:
I. The inspector shall inspect:
- The insulation in unfinished spaces.
- The ventilation of attic spaces.
- Mechanical ventilation systems.
- And report on the general absence or lack of insulation in unfinished spaces.
II. The inspector is not required to:
- Enter the attic or any unfinished spaces that are not readily accessible or where entry could cause damage or
pose a safety hazard to the inspector in his or her opinion.
- To move, touch, or disturb insulation.
- Break or otherwise damage the surface finish or weather seal on or around access panels and covers.
Return To: Table of Contents:
Definitions and Scope:
Doors and Windows:
Glossary of Terms: